- To guide the Muslim community travelling for Hajj and Umrah to Muslim Council of Britain partner meningococcal (ACWY) vaccination clinics convenient to pilgrims
- To reduce the overall cost of this vaccination for pilgrims travelling for Hajj and Umrah
MCB has successfully partnered with a large number of vaccination providers across the UK.
Where can I receive my vaccination locally?
- In more than 1000 participating pharmacies
- Participating GP practices
- Community vaccination clinics (mosques and community centres)
What do I need to do now?
Book an appointment now for your meningococcal (ACWY) vaccination at your nearest vaccination clinic.
You will have a choice of venues but please ensure you book your appointment as soon as possible in order to secure your venue of choice.
What other vaccinations are recommended when travelling for Hajj and Umrah?
An influenza vaccination is highly recommended for travelling pilgrims3. For more information about flu and to find a pharmacy offering flu vaccinations near you, please visit:
What other advice is available on health-related matters for Hajj and Umrah?
this leaflet for more information about keeping healthy for Hajj and Umrah.
Watch Professor Gatrad's interview about preparing for Hajj on Noor TV.
1. Association of British Hujjaj (Pilgrims) UK. http://www.abhuk.com/health.htm#health4 (accessed June 2012)
2. Ministry of Hajj. http://www.hajinformation.com/main/t20.htm (accessed June 2012)
3. Memish, ZA, Venkatesh S, Ahmed QA. Travel epidemiology: the Saudi perspective. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2003;21:96-101.